The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Saturday February 24, 2001 at 01:07
Jim Giles
Historic Forum Post
Hi Bryan,
I still haven't been successful. I unregistered the old version of COMCAT and deleted it from the SYSTEMS folder. Then I installed the older version from the download, registered it, ran MXOP, and got the same error. Then I deleted all the matching files on my system and reinstalled them from the download, registered the ones that would accept it, but still, ActiveX error 429! I checked each file to make sure it was from the VBRUN60SP4 download.

The only thing I found from searching msdn and "error 429" was something about a scripting file, SCRRUN.DLL. I didn't understand much of what was said about it, but I searched my system and did not find it.

I do have multiple partitions, but my system and temp folders are both in the WINDOWS folder on the same partition.

I have some fear that, after installing IE5.5, I might not be able to get rid of it! I absolutely do not want it and all its complexities (unwanted files, folders that cannot be deleted, etc.) on my system. A year or so ago an application installed IE5.0 without my permission and it was a devil to uninstall.

But as a last resort . . .

Jim

Hosting Services by ipHouse