Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 33 made on Friday February 23, 2001 at 21:14
Bryan Acevedo
Historic Forum Post
Well, I compared the VB6 run time install to the MXOP install - and they had the same versions. So that is why they didn't overwrite. One thing I noticed, though, is that your comcat.dll is a different version - it is 5.0. Try and put the older version of comcat on your box. Unregister the old version by running regsvr32 from the command line with a /u command line switch and the path to your comcat.dll. It will unregister that dll - then install the older one and register it.

I read on the web site that version 5.0 of comcat is not redistributable - so I am not sure how you got it without IE - because that is the version that IE 5.0 installs. One last thing to try, is installing IE 5.5, and then uninstalling it. It will leave all of the necessary system dll's (the ones we want) and will remove everything else.

One other thing - do you have mutliple partitions on your hard drive by chance? If you do, is your system folder and temp folder on different partitions. This is a long shot, but they have an article about it on msdn.

Good Luck.

Bryan

P.S. - If you want to try some investigating - goto msdn.microsoft.com - and in the search field in the upper left you can type your error, or comcat. You will see lots of Knowledge Base articles. Some if it may help you out.

Hosting Services by ipHouse