Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 15 made on Tuesday February 13, 2001 at 13:33
Bryan Acevedo
Historic Forum Post
Do you have a new version of Internet Explorer installed? Microsoft is notorious for many of their VB features requiring Internet Explorer DLL's. The ActiveX component can't create object error you are getting means that COM (Component Object Model) can't create an instance of that object for the program to use. This usually means that either the file is missing, or that the file is not registered correctly (I mean an entry exists in the registry with that component's class id). Without knowing what it is trying to do, you can't figure out which DLL is having the problem. It could be that you don't have some necessary VB 6 DLL's installed on your computer, or as I mentioned earlier, an older version of internet explorer. They could be using a 3rd party control that didn't get registered correctly on the install.

What is the program doing when you get this error? Does it display anything at all? Any splash screens?

The fact that you are using Win95 could be a problem, as ActiveX (COM) was pretty new back then and your OS may not have some of the necessary supporting DLL's for this.

Does anyone have a list of the dependency files for the install (should be a cab file on the setup disk somewhere with all of the files to be installed)? We could probably figure out from that what dll's need to be there and have you register them.

Let me know.
Bryan

Hosting Services by ipHouse