Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Saturday February 10, 2001 at 23:16
Jim Giles
Historic Forum Post
Well, Brian, I can't say that I'm "glad" that someone else has the same problem, but at least it reassures me that I haven't done anything dumb!

My system is a 4-yr old Dell Dimension 300-MHz Pentium II with 288MB RAM running Windows 95SE. Graphics card is a STB Velocity 128. I've got a SCSI card for film and flatbed scanners, and CD R/W and ZIP disk drives. Everything is pretty conventional and I can't understand why MXOP fails to run. I have plenty of other software loaded which runs properly. Looks like a case of Microsoft ActiveX not being compatible with Microsoft Windows for certain situations (so what else is new?).

I removed MXOP using Norton Cleansweep, checked for system errors with Norton WinDoctor, downloaded a new copy, installed it, and got the same error.

Then I booted Win95 in "safe" mode (no Startup programs, generic VGA driver, etc.) and got the same error. This test eliminates the video driver as a possible cause of the problem.

I guess that I'm condemmed to doing my programming directly on the remote. Arghhhhh!

Hosting Services by ipHouse