The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 8 made on Thursday February 6, 2003 at 11:42
A-Dog
Long Time Member
January 2003
I have the URC 4640B00. Here is the procedure I used.

1. On the OFA remote, press the device button the code will be used for (i.e. - TV, VCR, DVD)[The OFA remote should already be programmed to control the basic functions of the device your working with]

2. On the MX-500 go into learing mode, then the device you want and then press the LCD or hard button you want to learn the command to and the MX-500 should say "READY" on the top of the screen. (Note - you now have about 20 seconds to complete steps 3-6. It seems like it's not enough time but once you memorize the steps, it's plenty of time.)

3. Press & hold the "Set" button (may be labeled Setup or Magic on other OFA remotes) until the red LED flashes twice.

4. Punch in 994 on the OFA and the LED should flash and stay on for a couple seconds.

5. Press the "Set" button again and the LED will flash once again (short flash).

6. Enter the 3 digit advanced/discrete code and as you press the last number of the advanced code aim the OFA at the MX-500 and if the MX-500 says "GOOD" then it should work.

7. Exit the leaning/setup mode on the MX-500 and test out the code on the button you programmed it to.

You can also skip step 2 and just do steps 1,3,4,5 & 6 on the OFA remote to see if the code works properly on your component before learning it to the MX-500. If it works, the repeat the process including step 2. Let me know if you have any questions.

This message was edited by A-Dog on 02/06/03 13:40.

Hosting Services by ipHouse