Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 35 made on Saturday March 25, 2006 at 04:07
Mark Booth
Founding Member
November 2001
Resurecting an older thread....

I've got one of the very early MX-500s. I recently upgraded my receiver to the Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV. I am having a terrible time trying to get the MX-500 to learn the receiver's remote. Many of the basic functions are working using the MX-500 Audio 033 PrePro programming. But many buttons just refuse to be programmed. Such as the direct iPod button, THX, Standard, and even the joystick buttons refuse to be learned.

After reading this, I downloaded and tried the OmniRemote software for the Palm OS. I was successful in teaching the OmniRemote the difficult Pioneer commands but I was STILL unsuccessful in getting the MX-500 to learn the commands from the OmniRemote. The MX-500 APPEARS to learn the commands (I get the "Good" text), but those problem commands just won't work from the MX-500 to control the receiver.

Is there any chance that my MX-500 is so old that it just won't handle the frequencies generated by the Pioneer remote? Do I need a firmware upgrade?

This is all very frustrating. The Pioneer receiver commands are the only ones giving me trouble. HELP please!!

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse