The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 41 made on Tuesday February 21, 2006 at 01:39
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
I found quite a while ago that using your fingernail was a real easy way to apply enough pressure (PSI) to make a remote respond, and it only took a little playing to learn how to do it accurately.

There SURE is a problem here, but might I suggest you use your fingernail? When I started programming touch screen remotes, I was a bit paranoid about breaking them, and I realized that if you use the pad of your finger, you have to push harder than if you use a smaller area, and the fingernail is right there ready to use for most of us!

I kind of do a backhand, almost palm up, and it is never awkward. Of course, I'm left-handed, so my scale of what is awkward is probably a bit more robust than yours!

On February 4, 2006 at 22:11, MJE said...
meh I hate being a burden on these guys...it is
a wonderful remote and quite the step up from
my Sony remote commander 3000 series...but this
button thing is definitely driving me insane.

You're very compassionate to feel that way, but these guys know that problems will occur every once in a while, and they know it is their job to sort them out and get the right thing to happen. In fact, let me go out on a pretty stout limb and say they are dedicated to making it right! They probably don't sound upset when they are on the phone with you, but if they do, be assured they are upset with the problem, not the messenger. You have been totally patient and clear, the kind of behavior that keeps these guys from tearing out their hair when something dumb like this creeps into a product!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse