The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 20 made on Saturday June 17, 2006 at 13:17
Pheonix
Long Time Member
April 2005
By the way you can buy programming help from ebay as well for $50 - $100 dollars.

I'm sure it takes a lot to become a CI. And I don't want to get into an argument which is harder to get into. I didn't realize it was as hard to become a CI as it was for me to get to where I am. By the way I had to have a 3.8 GPA in High school and be on the Honor Role. Get into a good College and maintain my GPA above 3.6 and take a really hard exam called MCAT (which included physics, organic Chemistry, chemistry, Biology more). Get into Medical School by impressing interviewers. Go through the nation Match and get into a Residency (one of the hardest in the USA). Work 36 hour shifts strait several times a week for years making $40K. Having $200K in Medical school loans because my parents couldn't afford it. Passing Step 1 of the Medical Boards, Step 2 of the medical Boards, and Step 3 of the medical Boards. Then passing a Nation Radiology Physics exam in year 2 of residency. Passing the Written exam in radiology in year 3 and an oral exam in year 5. Then getting a limited license for 10 years and repassing an exam every 10 years.

This whole process took 14 years of my life but to me it was well worth it. I don't look down on your profession. I think you provide a valuable service Again I think its nuts comparing Medicine to CI. They are two different professions. I know I couldn't pass your Exams just like you couldn't pass mine. But remember its 14 years for me. Out of curiosity how many years for you?

Last edited by Pheonix on June 17, 2006 13:34.

Hosting Services by ipHouse