Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 46 made on Wednesday August 30, 2006 at 22:58
Mitch57
June 2003
I'm back already! I just did some more testing and here's the results.

On my setup I pressed the following buttons in the order listed.

Watch - Radio Press and Hold (PH)
Listen - Radio PH
Watch - Movie PH
Listen - Sat TV PH (The button failed to register on this button press)

The next thing I tried was to turn the backlight on and go through the same sequence. I did a press and hold an every device alternating between the Watch and Listen pages for a total of somewhere between 40 and 50 Press and Hold button presses. I couldnt get it to fail even one time.

I then turned the backlight back OFF and went through the same alternating "Watch/Listen" and device Press and Hold sequence again. It failed again but this time it took somewhere between 10 and 20 Press and Hold sequences before it failed.

So... I did it one more time with the backlight on. It never failed. I also did it one more time with the backlight back OFF again. It failed again somewhere between 15 and 25 Press and Hold sequences.

So there you have it folks! So far it appears there is some correlation between the backlight being on or off and the buttons failing. This should give the engineers something more to go on.

Please post your testing results as well to see if you come up with similar patterns.

Hosting Services by ipHouse