Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1,829 made on Saturday December 9, 2006 at 12:39
oex
April 2004
I'm considering giving my customers Rich's number and have him furnish and install the remote. He can come to there home, sell the remote for $200 with the mrf250. Figure out the system design, then start programming the remote. Then do the macros and gewt everything working right. Of course fixing any wiring problems while he's there. Then, when thats done, get the customer to give him favorites, music genres, fm channels and program that in. Fight with the combo player. Fight with the off brand dvd recorder. Fight with the Vizio panel from Costco nd the HTIB. Then spend 30 minutes with an orientation. As 3 or 4 or 5 hours pass by, he can gladfully be done and go home and send the bill. $200+Tax for the remote and another $30 for programming. He can take the risk of not getting paid, pay his fuel and road tolls out of the $30. Pay for the office supplies out of the 30. He can field 2 or 3 more phone calls about this or that and of course he'll come back to add a few favorites that were forgotten in the original for no charge.

Your right rich, $230 does seems fair. I'll send you all my clients. You'll be getting even richer. Hell, you'll be able to change your screen name to RICHGUY in all caps just for some emphasis. You can also tell us how your new business model is working. Youll be so busy you'll need to hire jon too.
Diplomacy is the art of saying hire a pro without actually saying hire a pro

Hosting Services by ipHouse