The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday August 28, 2007 at 20:31
mark81
Lurking Member
August 2007
I have a DD-15 and have been trying to get my Home Theater Master MX-500 learning remote to learn the functions of the DD-15's remote. It will learn some but not all keys of the DD-15 remote. For instance. I can't get it to learn the preset # 1, 2, 3 or 6 or vol down. When I attempt to learn, the MX-500 gives me a signal telling me it has been learned, but in fact, it has not. I've tried using the same keys of the MX-500 that won't learn on keys from the DD remote that will work and it learns them with no problem. So, this tells me that it may be a communication issue with these particular keys from the DD remote.

I received the following from Velodyne:

"Yes this is a condition we are aware of. This is occuring because the command string from the DD remote transmitter is too long or too high in frequency for the Theater Master remote to emulate. You might try speaking to the tech support staff at Theater Master to see if they have a work around for this. Some learning remotes have a jack located inside of the battery cover where code can be entered manually but I am not the person that could tell you how to go about doing that."

I checked the battery compartment and there is a 5 prong connection beneath where the batteries go. Has anyone come across this issue before and do you know of a fix for it?
Mark

Hosting Services by ipHouse