Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday September 5, 2005 at 01:14
barlow
September 2004
I have the little brother 43 inch version of this and will check the manual when I get home.

I use the VCR output of the Pioneer to control my RCA vcr for automatic recording when I am not home but not sure if the Pioneer is sophisticated enough to pass IR info from other remotes.

But... it sure should be able to as it doesn't seem like it would be very difficult to have that feature on the Pioneer.

The way it works for me is I go into set up and select my RCA VCR model for it to control.

I then plugged in the Pioneer supplied remote "Eye" into the jack on the back of the Media box, I then brought the wired "Eye" around to the front of the RCA VCR near the RCA infrared IR receiver. I than have to leave the RCA on and the Media box will start the RCA recording at my selected time.

I just don't know without looking at the manual if it can also do what you are suggesting.

I will also see if the Pioneer remote has learned the RCA VCR remotes functions and is capable of relaying these functions to the RCA VCR when the cabinet door is closed.

I also know without looking at the manual that you can hook up certain model Pioneer receivers to the Media box and contol the rcvr thru the Pioneer Plasma remote.

I also will say that the help desk at Pioneer is pretty useless. It seems I know more about the Pioneer than they do.

Don B

Hosting Services by ipHouse