The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 12 made on Saturday October 15, 2005 at 13:12
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On 10/13/05 23:24 ET, Daniel Tonks said...
No idea what would happen. I can't imagine how
any sort of control or EDID system work would
when the output is split like that.

EXACTLY. So how is HDMI of any use? It sounds at the start like it is some kind of savior, but details like this mean that it can only be used in simple stand-alone systems.

To put it negatively, in a way that shows how it will affect the pocketbook of the manufacture who uses it, this hifalutin connection method guarantees that I can only use these products in simpler, less sophisticated systems. When my client wants the expensive whole-house audio plus HD image system, this approach is trash.

This is EXACTLY the problem with expensive components that don't have discrete commands. Some of the early high-priced projectors come to mind. I would not use them because I could not make the video switching disappear from the client's point of view, so these expensive products were not usable in systems with expensive control systems. And don't get me started on getting around this with JVC D-ILA by using RS-232!
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse