The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 191 made on Sunday October 7, 2007 at 12:24
FONGW2
Long Time Member
October 2006
On September 30, 2007 at 18:47, Daniel Tonks said...
I've seen that sports promo channel with Fan 590 audio.
I don't know really what they are, but there's usually
a few of them when I do a scan. I think they're inactive
secondary channels (part of some sports bundle).

You're right Daniel, they do appear to be inactive secondary channels that are part of a sports package, but the best news (for me anyways) is that they appear to be HD sports feeds.

If you read the sports promo screens carefully, they list which channels that the games for NHL Centre Ice, or NFL Sunday Ticket etc, will be shown on, like a channel guide. What I noticed was that within these listings, HD versions of the same game were also listed. Since I was occasionally catching an HD game, I decided to write down those dates and times of the HD games and then checked those FAN 590 promo stations at that time and guess what? I think I found out which HD stations that they are mapped too! Here's the few that I found so far which may be different for you since you are in Richmond Hill:

72.71 = 491
86.143 = 490
94.46 = 492

I have four other channels which currently are 'black' but which I know were broadcasting the FAN 590 and sports channel data. There are supposed to be 4 HD football games on NFL Sunday Ticket today at the following times and channels today so hopefully I can match them up to those blank stations and watch some HD football.

1:00 Cleveland vs NE - 496
1:00 Seattle vs Pitts -517
4:00 Tampa vs Indy - 497
4:00 San Diego vs Denver - 509

I checked Rogers Cable's site for channel listings and 496 and 497 are listed as HD NFL Sunday Ticket channels but 509 is Omni HD and 517 is CFTO HD here in Mississauga so I'm not sure what's going to show up.

The two HD baseball games I watched were probably part of the MLB Extra Innings package which now appears to be over since the playoffs started. The only other package I haven't seen is NBA League Pass but the NBA season obviously hasn't started yet.

We can only hope that this is not just a 'promo' or testing period cause it sure would make for an interesting winter of sports watching if these were permanent. It'd be a pretty good trade for all of the other QAM stations that we lost in July as these HD shows may actually be predictable based on the schedule listings. I'll let you know how it goes!

Hosting Services by ipHouse