The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 147 made on Monday March 19, 2007 at 10:47
imposter
Lurking Member
March 2007
I have a couple questions about receiving these unscrambled digital channels (it's primarily for Daniel Tonks, but anyone who can answer them is welcome to). At the end of February I cancelled my Rogers cable tv service, but kept my Rogers internet service. When I cancelled, I asked whether I would be able to give away my digital cable box to someone else and was told they would disconnect it from my account after March 1st so that anyone could use it. I was also told I would probably have analog cable for a few weeks before someone came out to disconnect it. Since it was there, I made good use of the analog cable feed until it disappeared last Thursday, but I then noticed my digital cable box was still able to pick up all the unscrambled channels you describe in this thread. Given all this, I have two questions:

1. Am I going to be able to pick up these channels for as long as I have cable internet service through Rogers?

2. Is my cable box going to call home to Rogers to let them know I'm still able to access these channels? (and if so, can I stop this?)

Thanks in advance!

Hosting Services by ipHouse