The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 27 made on Tuesday April 17, 2007 at 12:11
Roger1818
Long Time Member
September 2006
On April 17, 2007 at 08:19, dinch said...
I live in Stittsville, just south of Hazeldean Road in
a bungalow. The antenna must sit on the main level, 12
feet from the east-facing window. Very little interference
between the window and Camp Fortune.

Hey there neighbor! I am also in Stittsville. Stittsville is a good location for OTA as with an outdoor antenna you have a good chance of receiving some US stations.

Which of the antennas available from The Source would
you recommend. Here is a link to their page.

I don't normally recommend antennas from The Source, but if I had to choose one of them, I would probably pick the 1501857 (DELUXE VHF/UHF/FM ANTENNA). I noticed they are also clearing out the 1501866 (PICTURE FRAME INDOOR ANTENNA) and the 1501858 (PASSIVE INDOOR ANTENNA WITH CLOCK) which might fit in your decor a bit better. Apparently the Kanata Centrum store has a couple of the former and all three Kanata/Stittsville locations have the latter (call to confirm availability). I don't have experience with any of these antennas so I can't comment on how well any of them actually perform.

I do have experience with an RCA ANT1020 that I picked up for a friend at Home Hardware and was impressed with it.

I would like to get an antenna today - for the game tonight.
My VHF rabbit ears are ok - but I am getting some snow
every 30 seconds or so.

Another option would be to tune your VHF rabbit ears for UHF as described at [Link: kyes.com]. The correct length for channel 25 is (coincidentally) about 25 cm tip to tip (though if it has metal eye protectors you might want it a bit shorter).

Good luck and let us know your results. GO SENS GO!

Hosting Services by ipHouse