The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 45 made on Monday October 20, 2008 at 11:06
donnyjaguar
Long Time Member
January 2008
You said: 125 W? I thought you had a typo yesterday because 125 W is only C-band and I was under the impression you only had a Ku band set up. I can see now I was wrong.

I say: What I've been told is that AMC21 does indeed have linear transponders on Ku 11800 and 11720 and these are the ones interfering with Galaxy18. It must be super-secret stuff because its not on Lyngsat. On the weekend I re-adjusted my fixed 33" dish. I got much better signal on 11720 (about 60%) but the best I could bag on 11800 is about 37%. A little disappointing, but at least the signal isn't jumping around like a mad thing. I even tried swapping the LNB polarity and moving the skew and focal point.

You said: One question though, Some times when I do a blind scan it reports the TP as 11800 and sometimes as 11799 or 11801 ,

I say: I found you can tune a couple of MHz off and still get good signal. I'm not sure what's more unstable, a local oscillator in space as some ridiculously cold temperature or a consumer-grade set top box. :)

You said: I noticed that G18 I have now 68% with the motor and before aiming manually I got 86. I'm guessig this is to do with the adjacent satellite interference. I noticed the same thing on the weekend manually tweaking my rig.

You said: I am using a Universal LNB

I Say: I need to get me one of these. I think this makes the difference between getting sacked by interference and getting a clear picture. Which one are you using?
Donny Jaguar

Hosting Services by ipHouse