The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 43 made on Sunday October 19, 2008 at 20:35
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
Well , the actual limits of the Stab HH90 motor that I am using are 60 degrees to each side (East and West). The manual says 65 electronic limit and 70 mechanical limit but in reality it is 60 degrees. For instance I live in Mississauga therefore longitud 79.6 so the Motor can only move the Dish from Sats at 20.6 W (79.6 - 59) to Sats located as far West at 138.6 W (79.6 + 59). That is why everytime I tryed to blind scan Telestar 12 @ 15W the Dish did not moved no matter where it was aiming at. The same for the orbital location 148 W well beyond the motor limit. I even deleted any possible limit that by mistake I might have set and nothing. I thought it was the pole not plumb or maybe trees but that was not the case either. Even for 22W (NSS 7) I have no problems.

I am using a Universal LNB but there are only 3 Sats, all Intelsat, for which you actually need a Universal LNB. They are Intelsat 9 , 3R and 707 but they just have network feeds and 2 or 3 tv channels. It takes longer to do a blind scan with a Universal LNB since it has to scan the hole spectrum from 10.7 to 12.75 Ghz. It took me almost 3 hours to blind scan every Linear KU Satellite I can aim to (from 22W NSS 7 to 129W G27) and guess what , this morning after doing a blind scan to a Sat the receiver sunddenly restarted and deleted all the channels!!!!. I am trying to locate a file with all the channels and sats to add it to the receiver. I guess the USB slot is indeed needed eh?. Other than that , everything works perfectly.

And clear skyes and no wind like today makes a big difference with the Quality level. Will se how the 90 cm dish behaves under some rain.

Hosting Services by ipHouse