The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Thursday October 16, 2008 at 23:33
hd fan
Long Time Member
March 2006
ok I aimed today to Galaxy 18 @ 123W and I am getting more than 86 on most Tp's . BTW I had to update the TP list that my receiver had. Even the blind scan missed a couple of TP's (and found some TP's that belong to Echostar 9 121W). It seems flakey sometimes the blind scan feature but it is very usefull though. But I am also getting interference from Echostar 9 @ 121W with 2 TP's, 11965 V and 12104 V. The funny things is that when I added manually those 2 TP's it locks to the signal with around 70 but despite finding TV channels when I scan them independently it does not add those channels to the channel list. It also locks to several TP's from Echostar 9 which Dish Network operates and therefore has way more power output. It was dark already to try to aim better to avoid the interference , will try tomorrow though.

I definitely noticed today that the main install dish menu where you enter the LNB and switch config only locks to satellite signal if you get a lock to TP 1 and TP 1 only. I thought that maybe they were using the Sat beacon for that but defineately no. Manual scan screen is the way to go to aim and then use weak TP to fine tune. Cordless headphones priceless!!!

It is also funny that as per lyngsat a 90 cm dish should be big enough for my location for the 3 SATS that I have locked to already yet I am always missing some TP's for whatever reason. Galaxy 18 is a brand new Sat so it must have full power. It could also be that the TP list that my receiver has it is outdated, I will look into that in the next few days. Will try Telestar 12 at 15W tomorrow (if I dont find a date lol lol lol), very low in the sky for me and with lots of trees like 30W. Motor finally will be installed this weekend for sure and then I will get everything from 30W to 123W at least.

BTW as I was suspecting the Elevation scale on the Dish arm is not off by 8 degrees!!! , it was just that the pole or mast was not plumb or perfectly vertical. Today for Galaxy at a different location in the patio it was off by only 4 degrees , it has to be the mast inclination.

The coolsat 6000 receiver sometimes looses the other SAt channels after doing several manual scans , maybe a bug in the firmware, not a big deal anyways. I have run into other channels with DD audio tracks and even in Spanish but the close caption feature on the receiver does not work. I have to use the CC decoder on the tv itself. Some TV channels show a lot of macroblocking or compresion artifacts due to the low bitrate allocated for them. some even the picture jumps although it could be a source related issue but coincidentaly the all have a commun culprit , low SR or Symbol Rate.

Hosting Services by ipHouse