The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Wednesday October 1, 2008 at 13:39
Bruce H.Campbell
Long Time Member
January 2007
I'm interested in products that I can PVR with because I record everything. I have the nasty habit of dozing off when tired. In the old days I used to curse and swear a blue streak if I missed a show but now that's not a problem. Like last night I dozed off to House & Fringe but watched it later even though the log reported WUTV-HD had transmission glitches in the middle of Fringe. Twenty minutes were lost and/or chopped up but with the beginning and conclusion being intact, I got the gist of the story and then there's rerun season. Then at the same time I didn't have to miss RMR & 22 because the PIII recorded that. I had the same flexibility with my three VCR setup through the '80s & '90s but now they just playback my old recordings.

2:30pm.....
Aw Hell DJ.....
I just did a Yahoo search and found a plethora but can't tell yet without more reading if the models are for C or KU....
but in 2004-5 when I wanted to wean off Pay-TV I couldn't find anything related so that is why I went with the two MDP-130s [see my profile] because at the time it seemed to be the best K.I.S.S. solution...and now the Fusion tuners seem to be the best for multipath interference because with DT reporting OK with WNED-HD/DT I must be getting MPI since midsummer.
Though the one at tigerdirect is for 30 inch dishes....so it must be for KU because even a dummy like me knows you can't get C on small dishes.....I've seen LNBs that are dual C/Ku but again you need the larger backyard dishes. On quick reading though it seems that the K-world requires a more powerful computer that the other brands I've glimpsed.

Last edited by Bruce H.Campbell on October 1, 2008 15:10.

Hosting Services by ipHouse