The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 158 made on Monday April 25, 2005 at 21:17
xeon450
Long Time Member
December 2004
Update...I just got back my Samsung TS160 HDTV receiver! It was a VERY LONG haul; here is a summary of the series of "unfortunate" events:

- March 9/05: I called Samsung USA to arrange the shipment of my receiver to their service centre in NJ; I told them to use the Military Road UPS store (across from the Prime Outlet Mall) to ship the receiver back after it was serviced; I asked if there was anything special I had to include in the box and was told NO (bad mistake #1...)
- March 12/05: I went to Canada Post to ship the receiver via Expedited Parcel for $20.17 (bad mistake #2...)
- March 21/05: I checked my parcel online and saw that it was "refused" and on its way back to me?!
- March 22-April 1/05: Complained to Samsung USA as to why it was refused; I was told that I had to mark the four corners of the box with a "service authorization number" or else it would be refused; after complaining and negotiating with them further (since I wasn't told in the first place I had to mark up the box), they were willing to pay for the shipping if I brought it over myself to the Military Road UPS store (since they couldn't issue a shipping label that originates from Canada)
- April 12/05: I finally go my receiver back and got charged another $21.58
- April 16/05: I drove over the border to the UPS store to arrange shipping (at least they had a shipping label waiting for me...)
- April 20/05: I checked my parcel online and it was received by the service centre (yeah!)
- April 25/05: I got a call from the UPS store that my receiver had arrived; I drove right after work to pick it up; once home I hooked it up and verified that everything was working and that the software was upgraded (yeah!)

I don't even want to think about how much time/effort/money I had to go through to get the update...I'm just glad it's over!

On 02/06/05 09:00 ET, ontariocraig said...
Thanks, I'll take a look at that, problem is I
dont have a Sat dish. Hopefully xeon450 can try
this out on his.

If it works, I may just buy a sat dish just to
upgrade, then try sell it when Im done !!
OTA HD setup: Harmony 659, Sony LCD GWII 60", Samsung SIR-TS160, CM 4228, CM 7775, CM 9521A

Hosting Services by ipHouse