The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 7 made on Wednesday January 21, 2004 at 22:15
voyager9
Lurking Member
January 2004
I installed the KP upstairs in the bedroom. The swtich there was exactly as the documentation for the KP pictured. The installation seemed to go pretty smoothly. Now I'm seeing some strange behavior:
1) If I do a factory reset on the KP, it controls the load using the ON/OFF buttons. When I set a primary X10 address to it, I cannot use those buttons anymore. I tried to assign those buttons to X10 address + ON/OFF respectively with no luck. Also, the A and B buttons won't stay off. When I turn them off the KP seems to get X10 signals to turn them back on (status light blinks then they turn back on).
2) When I plug the LampLinc into an outlet in the bedroom, I cannot program it, even using an IR-543 plugged directly into the same outlet. The status light on the LampLinc does not even blink when I send codes. If I plug it into the outlet in a different room it works fine. Could this be a signal strength issue? I woudln't think strength would be an issue if the IR is plugged into the same outlet as the LampLinc.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

Hosting Services by ipHouse