The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday December 2, 2004 at 20:47
Al James
Founding Member
January 2002
Anyone have this problem of using an RF remote or infrared transmitter and then the same signal continues to be retransmitted by the repeater? I just bought my second HCA02 and it does the same thing. It happens with the TM751 and the PAT01. It even occurs with just the CM15a. Over the years I reduced the RF transmitters because of this problem. Should I use a passive repeater? By the way, to stop the signal from transmitting, I have to unplug the receiver (PAT01) or the CM15a. Which plug I use helps reduce, but not eliminate when this occurs. Anyone have this problem? I keep a meter plugged in constantly to detect if this is happening. I have burned out two 751 with this problem, then I removed the motion sensors. I am trying one more time with the CM15a, since it gives better diagnostics. Maybe this Leviton repeater is a lousy one. Is there a better one? Even with the repeater, my signals are low. Anyway, I would like to know if anyone had this problem and how they fixed out. Also, which is the best repeater to use? It should be smart enough to not continue to retransmit. Al

Hosting Services by ipHouse