The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 5 made on Wednesday April 4, 2007 at 10:28
hamiltonjim
Long Time Member
November 2006
Having nothing better to spend my money on, and being tired of 5 remotes, I ordered and received my Iconremote yesterday. At first I was excited about the setup, but found that is a bit cumbersome to go through the different codes to find which one matches your equipment. Starting with my TV, (Panasonic Viera Plasma) I noticed that there were several codes that controlled my TV, but some functions didn't work with all the codes. I did not find one that worked perfectly. I moved on to the DVD and found the correct code. Next was the cable box (to control my rotor) I also found the correct code. My Sony receiver was the same story as the TV. I settled on one code that controls most functions and then set out to "learn" the other functions. This is the trickiest part of the operation. The remotes have to be in just the right positions and angles for learning to work. Luckily there is an indicator to show you that the iconremote is recieving the codes from the secondary remote before you actually "learn" it. Take note, the sensor for learning is at the bottom not the top where you might think it is. The learned codes can include several key presses from different remotes if you want. The bright, color LCD screen can be programmed with logos for favorite channels. The logo database is quite extensive which does include Canadian channels such as Global, CH, City, CBC and TVO for OTA and many calbe/satellite specialty logos. I only had a short time to play yesterday, so tonight I'll get down to some serious macro programming. One other note: I did manage to "lock up" the iconremote into a loop, which meant removing a battery to reset it.

Hosting Services by ipHouse