The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 23 made on Friday August 24, 2001 at 12:34
Mike Riley
Founding Member
May 2001
Brett: As far as I'm concerned, generally speaking, as a race We're ALL Bozos on This Bus. I think if we all just beat the crap out of each other in a schoolyard fight, we could put everything behind us and get on.

Meantime, RCA: Yes, whoa, talk about inputs. I almost got serious about a Song Wega until I checked the inputs... two. What's that all about?! On the RCA I can barely count all the ins, outs, and types of connectors. I can hook up pretty much anything I want in any fashion. So for my VCR and DVD and AV Receiver, I have analog listening capabilities either through the set or the receiver, digital when I want it through the receiver, video at full-processing mode through the receiver, cable inputs directly to both VCR and TV and out again to receiver... the list she goes on.

You know that RCA has already come out with a 38" wide-screen direct-view HDTV set, with the converter and satellite capability built in. I saw it at Best Buy in Syracuse and Orlando for $2999.00. Of course it wasn't turned on... this is a good example why the warehouse-type stores are keeping HDTV squashed. Who can blame the broadcasters or the cable companies when the stores don't even bother to push it? The excuses we keep reading about in the trades are ridiculous: "not enough installed base". Well, of course there are not enough installed HDTVs... only us geeks even know what they look like when they are turned on!

Someone mentioned that all the sports bars should be equipped with HDTV... then thousands and thousands of people every night would pop their eyeballs out and run to the store to get a fix. And the pendulum would swing around in our favour in a matter of months.

Meantime, the price of RCA 38" jobby is incredible for what it offers, and it is still close to the same price as the Sony 400 series (I think... in Canada that would be $4500 and the Sony 36" is $4000).

So you and me both will be buying another RCA, I'm willing to bet, when the time comes...

Sorry for the rant.... .... Mike

Hosting Services by ipHouse