The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 31 made on Saturday December 4, 2004 at 00:56
Sheesh
Lurking Member
December 2004
Well, I am new here and the wife and just finished 2 bottles of wine and watching Contact again for the first time in a couple years and I have to vote for SVS after that. IF you are looking for bang for the buck, the SVS rocks!!! My 20-39 PCi plus is simply the best all-round sub I have ever heard in my house. It WILL rattle all undesireable knick-nacks off the shelves and scare the send the wifes cat into hiding for at least 12 hours. Thats enough for me.

BTW this is my third sub in this HT setup, I origanally had a mid-level Velodyne, which was OK at best. Then a sunfire that I may be still paying for on the credit card, but then resold on ebay for almost what I paid for the SVS. The Sunfore goes low, but IMO is not very accurate and not as musical as the SVS and way too expensive.

SVS Rocks, IF you can get the wife to deal with a large carpeted tube. But, if you can't, you don't deserve a sub this good!!!
Crappy remote, HTPC w/meedio&sagetv, Yam RX-V1400 rec, digi cable, 32" Pana SDTV + 22" CRT, polk audio "custom hybrid" 7.1 loudspeaker setup.

Hosting Services by ipHouse