The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 47 made on Tuesday August 30, 2005 at 23:24
Ernie Bornn-Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
In the early seventies, in the Los Angeles area, I worked at Rogersound Labs. These were hifi stores started by a guy who figured that a company's in-house speakers can sound damn fine and cost a lot less than the competition. He built quite a business starting with this philosophy, and being honest, fair and sharing with his customers and staff filled out the rest of what it took to have a GREAT business.

Early on, we had the Bose 901s on stands in front of the window. Man, did they sound like Bose 901s! (thought I was going to say great? no way!) Howard (the owner's name) decided that it would be interesting to take a couple of the two-way 8" speakers, make a triangular box, put a tweeter in front, and see how they compared to the 901s.

They blew away the 901s, and we had a new model.

We needed a name for them. I suggested that, since these speakers might be used as a romantic tool, it would be good to name them after the god of love: Eros.

So we did. And then, for about a month, until the Bose speakers were yanked by the rep because he could not stand seeing them demoed next to good speakers, we had to reflecting speaker models in the window:

Bose and Eros.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse