The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 200 made on Tuesday December 6, 2005 at 15:17
jemiller226
Lurking Member
December 2005
This scam is still going in western Pennsylvania. I didn't get taken, and I've never actually seen the infamous vans, but they're still running classified ads for drivers in the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

"Rock 'n Roll to the tune of $800-$1200 weekly. Audio co. seeks money motivated individuals to distribute sound systems. Company vehicle & paid training provided. Fun working atmosphere. Suit & tie, quiet & shy need not apply. Start immed. (724) 695-3414"

Doing a reverse phone number lookup on that number reveals this address:

Avalon Distributors Incorporated
307 High Tech Dr.
Oakdale, PA 15071-3911

Oakdale is just south of the Pittsburgh International Airport.

The only reason I found this forum was that I searched on the name to find out if the company was legitimate or not. I was *this* close to answering the ad, since I have student loans to pay off, I need a car, and I'm looking to get married, all of which require money, of course, and the job market for recent college grads in Pittsburgh isn't exactly what I'd call ideal.

Despite all of that, I don't think I could live with myself knowing that I was pulling shady (but legal, barely) sales out of the back of a freakin' cargo van. If I'm going to go to hell, it's going to be for something a lot more fun than that. :p

Hosting Services by ipHouse