Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 17 made on Friday June 25, 1999 at 19:54
Ed Maurus
Historic Forum Post
I finally got my SL-9000 from Worthington on Monday. After a few days playing with it I am impressed. It learned all my equipment with very little trouble. Even my old Hitachi 13" TV in the kitchen that I lost the remote for ages ago works with it. Sometimes I do wonder about how they pre-program in some of the keys. For my Zenith TV the menu comes up by pressing the ALT key not the MENU key, I fixed they by programming in the menu key on the MENU key. It took me a little bit to figure out the punch through feature. This is really handy. On my old remote I programmed in the stereo volume over the TV volume which lost the TV volume for me. With punch through this isn't necessary. I also noticed what you were discussing about programming in keys with multiple steps. Very tricky but I found a key that was preprogrammed for it and will use that instead. I played with the macro buttons so that I could turn on the vcr switch the TV (zenith) over to VCR and the stereo to Video 1 where the VCR is on. When I executed the macro the TV skipped over the VCR and went to AUX. I will play around more with this to figure it out. My old Marantz RC-20 remote used to bounce menu selections also on the zenith. It also used to bounce past channel 2 to channel 3 when I would cycle through the channels. I haven't seen that with this remote. So far for the money it can't be beat, I would recommend it to anyone.

Hosting Services by ipHouse