The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 67 made on Wednesday January 17, 2001 at 02:03
Ian Munro
Historic Forum Post
>Ian,
>If I remember correctly, the RCA video selector has >it's own set of IR commands, which it defaults to >when it loses power, and these are the same codes >that RCA uses as input selects for all it's devices, >so you can create those codes right now without a >selector box.

>Here's how you do it. The advanced code you need is >227, the question is "what's the device code?", here >are some codes that you can use:

>DVD/0522
>VCR/0060
>VCR/0202

>There are probably more, just pick some RCA device >codes and try advanced code 227. (I'm getting thse >codes from: http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi->bin/ueic.cgi?amp_0054

Rob, As usual your memory is perfect! The selector uses the discrete "Power On" in conjunction with the particular device code as follows:

Sat 7:58 EFC=227 (RCA "Discrete On" Code)

VCR 14:58 EFC=227

DVD 5:58 EFC=227

The first problem is that I use non RCA equipment for my VCR, DSS, Cable Box and DVD. In order to use the selector I must create a "dummy" RCA device for each of these components hence require a total of 9 (5 real and 4 dummy)device keys. The remote has only 6! I have attempted to create say a "Dummy" RCA VCR Device, adding the EFC of 227 to a button and then copying this key to my JVC real device key. Unfortunately, it appears that a modified key (EFC 227) will not copy.

What I would like to do is program a button with the applicable device (RCA VCR), protocol (RCA) and EFC(227) but have it live in a device map with a different device (JVC VCR) and protocol.

Can this be programmed?

On the weekend I purchased a Radio Shack 15-1994 as my original UEIC remote did not have a learning function. I have subsequently used this ability to learn a the code from the original RCA remote for:

1) VCR (RCA format)

2) DVD (RCA format)

3) DSS (RCA format)

These buttons perform the switching of the selector properly. As such, I have worked around the problem but still would prefer to program a number of keys as opposed to using the learned codes. Also, I would like to use my UEIC remote which does not have a learning function.

My plan was to use macros to have one button access to each of my components. For instance, one macro would select the device (JVC VCR)then using the "dummy" RCA learned code for a RCA VCR, switch the selector to VCR and change the TV to Video in. The automatic "Video in" switching is a nice feature of RCA TVs.

This lead to the discovery of my second problem! The selector requires a continuous input for a second or two before it switches hence a single "shot" from the macro is not sufficient. To make matters worse, multiple "shots" will not switch the selector. The selector needs the equivalent of a significant button hold time.

I surmize that when a button is continuously held only the last part of the code is repeated.

Is there anyway to duplicate a hold function in a macro.

Is it possible to program a button to output only the repeated code without the "start" data.

>Now understand that I don't have this video selector >(I have the Sima) so I'm just going on what I read in >that thread.

Rob.

Hosting Services by ipHouse