The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 6 made on Thursday July 28, 2005 at 20:32
bamazealot
Lurking Member
July 2005
I know it sounds hard to believe, but I have proven to myself today that the discrete On code is definitely part of the problem. The problem is *not* intermittent. When I use the discrete On code, discoloration is *very* bad. When I use the power toggle on the Sony remote, the discoloration is still there, but only for a very small area.

For the first time in about two weeks, I decided to try the discrete On code with the Pronto remote again. The first time I tried the discrete On, the TV was still warm, so the degausser did not activate, and the screen was fine. Then I let the TV cool down for a half hour and turned it on again using the discrete On. This time I could hear the degausser activate, and I could immediately see that the discoloration was much worse than it has been for the last two weeks. Either this is a coincidence of gargantuan proportions, or the discrete On code is causing a problem with the degausser.

I am definitely going to remove the magnetic latches from the entertainment center just in case they are having some effect. Unfortunately, the one year warranty has expired, so I guess I will just deal with the very minor discoloration I am seeing when using the Sony remote.

Hosting Services by ipHouse