The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 117 made on Saturday December 4, 1999 at 22:06
Ken Armour
Historic Forum Post
...Jack (or others)
Well Jack, I spoke too soon... Your suggestion to record a macro that contains keystrokes to input a channel to my Toshiba TV then key in the desired number of TV/Video punchs to get to the final Video input, doesn't exactly work in my case. I'm not sure if the Toshiba TV is slow to respond to the channel input so that the next few codes are wasted?? I've tried it several times and my best guess is that the codes are coming so fast that the TV is changing channels and the next few codes are not seen. The strange thing is I tried a much simplier macro (not the turn everything on and set the TV's input to a specific video source) that only changes the TV's channel then have it switch video inputs... I did manage to get one of these test macros to work. In this particular case I sent it 5 or 6 device select keystrokes... so I would press the TV (device) button multiple times hoping that this would somehow act as a delay in the macro sequence. This worked (for this simple macro) but when I went back and tried to put this technique into my Power-Everything-ON/OFF macro it never works... It's like it doesn't see the "Put the TV on a channel) command!!!
Is there a way to incorporate a delay in a macro??
I'm going to try it a few more ways... rather then tell the TV to go to channel 6 or channel 13, I think I'll just try Channel-UP or Channel-Down. This should kick me into the TV/Antenna input then I can try adding the desired number or TV/Video key strokes to get to the desired video input.
Any other ideas from anyone?
thanks
Ken

Hosting Services by ipHouse