Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 107 made on Tuesday November 30, 1999 at 12:11
tony reed
Historic Forum Post
In answer to Russ S. on volume control for his receiver and also to control one specific device's volume no matter which device you're in, I did the following. First the punch through would not stay programmed so I (and I must admit it was accidential) pressed the device I wanted to control volumn on. Then I pressed the P key until it blinked twice. Next I pressed 975 (the learning function code), then I pressed volume up and it blinked rapidly, until I took the receiver remote control and pushed its volume up key. I then pushed the P key until it blinked twice. I then tried the volume up key for the device I just programed to see if it worked. Once it did, I repeated the whole process for volume down. A note of importance---I did not have to program the receiver remote key because it automatically worked with the manufacturer's code. So I only had to do the learning on the cable box key, and the TV key. Presto, they all would increase the volume no matter which device (TV, Receiver, Cable Box) I was in.

Now, I have a question. I set my power key to turn all the equipment off all at once. However, it didn't accept the cable box into the code. I might have forgotten to press it when I programmed the macro, I don't know. What I would like to do is re-program the macro, but I can't figure out how to erase the macro I just programmed. I used my power key to set the macro on, but does anybody know how I can undue the macro and reprogram it. I am aware that I can press the cable device and then the P key and then the power to control only that one device. The same goes for all the other devices. However, I want the one press to do it all.

Do you think it would be good for everyone if they would share one thing they know how to do that answers someone elses question and then pose their own question? Just a thought.

Tony

Hosting Services by ipHouse