Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 67 made on Monday August 7, 2000 at 17:55
Ben Kind
Historic Forum Post
Hi everyone,fortunatly for me, i bought the one for all 6 first, and then saw the Pronto. Now i want a Pronto but wont be able to control my C&W Pace box. The reason that the 1for6 works with the Pace box is because it not only has a IR output but also an IRDA output. Anyone with the 1for6 (doesnt Teresa have it?) can clearly see the 2 light diodes on the front, and unfortunatly that is one of the only remotes on the market that has IRDA and IR output. The 1for6 is not that good though, it seems to be unable to learn certain codes to function the "OK" and the "Interactive" buttons (if anyone has got these to work or has the codes please email me). As Michael Clare said, C&W arent planning on changin the boxes, the technician told me that they simply send the upgrade to the box over the cable network and that can upgrade all the software which then enables the hardware (such as the cable modem in our DITV1000's). It seems such a shame that Phillips who produce the Pronto and are owners of Pace who produce our cable boxes cant figure something out. Lets keep harassing Phillips, as i just spent £190 on a Pronto and dont want to have to change to sky.

Ben Kind

Hosting Services by ipHouse