Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 65 made on Monday August 7, 2000 at 15:49
John Hunt
Historic Forum Post
Nick, my Telewest cable box crahes, freezes, loses picture and sound, switches to widescreen all the time regardless of the fact I have it set up for 4:3 and Telewest still haven't delivered on the promised features. I still have the RC5000 and the cable remote on the table rather than just the RC5000. I hoped the update for the Marantz would maybe offer a solution but unfortunately not, it just removed the timers and custom beeps which I liked...

I'm getting broadband from them at the weekend despite the website saying its not available in my area. It told me cable wasn't available in my area when I enetered my postcode in uppercase, I emailed them and they told me it should be in lowercase or it wouldn;t work, it still didn't!

I've emailed them and directed them to this site, they read the Phillips site instead and said their 56KHz was within the pronto's range and I must be doing something wrong. Similarly for the fact my picture doesn't fit on the screen, I must have set it up wrong.... I'm a computer contractor, I think a cable box is within my capabilities....

In summary, Telewest don't have a scoobie what they're doing, so don't expect anything useful from them. their cable and phone service are both cheap and very nasty, I only hope their blue yonder broadband is better as it's a partnership with another company... so I'll probably not be able to read this group from Saturday!!!

Hosting Services by ipHouse