Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 62 made on Tuesday July 18, 2000 at 19:35
Andy Murphy
Historic Forum Post
I wrote to the bb under a similar thread a while back.

I've now sent another communication to ntl in the hope that they'll send the 4000 series box to me for testing also.

I've called them (whilst it was still C&W) a few times recently (gave up for a while as was pained by some of the inept responses) but received nothing but "...sorry that's the only box we do...".

However (and related to another problem elsewhere) I noticed that they've finally got round to upgrading their service to provide proper switching of aspect ratio for widescreen sets (miraculously mine worked tonight for the first time - I'm a C&W unfortunate - and the menus have changed to a proper blue colour. It's definitely something they've done at their end).

My faint hope is therefore that they're looking to upgrade their services to match what we, the customers, actually want. I'll let you know how I get on.

Meanwhile, thanks very much to Teresa and all the other contributors... This is one battle we have to win!

Andy
PS I've also since found a cunning place to hide a Sky dish (not technically allowed on my property owing to National Trust covenants). If they don't do something soon I'll cancel my subscription (Sky, incidentally, also has much quicker menus/pay per view and is cheaper).

Hosting Services by ipHouse