The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 32 made on Tuesday November 30, 1999 at 03:56
Teresa Tunnell
Historic Forum Post
Steve,

We don't need an RF transmistter, I think that the response from Lets Automate was just an example of what Video Precision can do. What I was hoping for was some sort of IRDA transmistter that could be triggered by conventional IR codes from the Pronto. The chap at Video Precision suggested that our best bet would be the One For All as he's used it with the Pronto for other similar situations. However, before you buy a One For All, you must make sure that you can obtain the correct codes for our particular type of cable box. I've still not had a reply back from them. Does anyone know a more direct way of contacting them?

It would be brilliant if we could solve this problem with a One For All and I'm glad that you're prepared to buy one Steve. But until we know whether the One For All will support our cable box, it's worth trying to pursue this with Philips.

I've still not got an address from the chap on the ProntoEdit forum who suggested that we send a spare remote to Philips for investigation. As soon as I get the address I'll try to progress that route.

Teresa

Hosting Services by ipHouse