The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Thursday November 18, 1999 at 04:19
Teresa Tunnell
Historic Forum Post
Steve,

Sorry in the delay in responding, but I've not been on the net for a while. I'm sure that I've got the latest software on my Pronto according to Philips smart connect site which also states that one of the new features includes learning higher frequency codes.

I have emailed Pace again for more information as you suggested and await a reply.

I am really frustrated by this as I already have five remotes fully programmed into my Pronto and everything works beautifully. Now I'm back to using multiple remotes, one for channels and the other for volume and aspect ratio switching. With digital broadcasts transmitting wide screen signals incorrectly, I am frequently having to manually overrride the auto switching on my TV. So whenever I change channel on cable I need to go to my other remote to change the picture aspect.

It seems strange that the codes your Marantz picks up are so different to mine. The carrier frequency yours picks up, 00b4, is quite different to what mine picks up, 005a, which translates to about 45KHz. I've tried changing the IR code frequency to 100KHz, but with no luck.

I will have more of a play with my Pronto tonight and see how consistent it is in learning the codes.

I'm determined to get this sorted out.

Teresa

Hosting Services by ipHouse