The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Tuesday November 16, 1999 at 16:26
Steve Picken
Historic Forum Post
Teresa,
I have just sent Pace a request for some test codes. It would do no harm for you to send a similar request. I chose the Information technology email [email protected]:

Dear Sir/Madam,
I wonder if you could help me, and a number of other people in my situation.

I use a PACE Digital Cable box supplied by Cable & Wireless, DITV-1000, part number 541-4407101,
I am experiencing difficulty getting my programmable remote control to accept the codes for this product.

I understand that this problem is due to the high frequency that this box uses, and that my controller (Marantz RC5000, and Philips Pronto) is only able to learn codes up to a certain. However, I believe that this remote may be able to transmit higher frequencies, and it is possible to program the remote using software, if the IR codes are known. Would it be possible for you to supply the IR frequencies for some of the buttons please, as this would help me and a number of other people in the same position (see www.remotecentral.com for more background information)?.

The IR codes that I require are:

Power on/off;
Channel up;
Channel down;

though obviously it would be a great help if you could supply the frequencies for the other buttons also.

I will post this email and your response up onto the web site.

Thank you very much in anticipation of your help on this frustrating problem.

Regards,
Steve Picken.

Hosting Services by ipHouse