The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 11 made on Sunday January 29, 2006 at 02:33
jwsplatjw
Lurking Member
January 2006
I have an Insignia IS-HDPLTV42 plasma TV. The remote just went kaput today. I had hoped there was an easy answer to the question, "How do I make this other remote talk to my set?" Best Buy is a version of hell for me and I will resist going there to get a new remote as long as I can. I am a bit of a tinkerer so I ripped open the remote. The first thing I noticed is that the collector and base pins on the output transistor (S8050) were bridged by flux. This would reduce the amplitude of the output signal. I did notice that right from the start the remote seemed to need to be closer that I would like to the tv. The chip is F008-03 which I am affraid looks like an in-house number. It is a 44pin smd package. It also appears that only half of the ic is being used. The 1k pull down resistor attached to the Xtal is dammaged. Part of the outer coating is scraped off.

I gave the technical stuf in the hopes that one of the gurus would recognize something and be able to crack this riddle.

I have looked at the Insignia web site for remote codes and for this set (IS-HDPLTV42) they list the codes as un-learnable. This seems fishy to me. Are they not just a sequence of on off in IR light that if one has a receiver could be captured and repeated? Curious eh?

Hosting Services by ipHouse