The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Tuesday October 26, 2004 at 16:09
edjohnson
Lurking Member
October 2004
Hi. I read a bunch of posts regarding the RM-AV3000 and the X-10 system but still have a question. I have the RM-AV3100 (not the 3000) and am not able to program the x-10 codes into my remote. I called Sony and they said I was SOL because the learning didn't work and neither did the 2005 code.

I tried using the 2005 code and that didn't work. I also tried using the learn function with the X-10 universal remote I use. That didn't work either.

I programmed the Sony to accept the signal from all my other remotes. The LED's on them seem to stay lit for as long as I held down a button. Usually it would take a full second (or 1.5) for the signal to be sent enough to be received by the 3100. I would hold down the button and then 1.5 seconds later, I would hear the beep and stop. It would work without fail. However, with the X-10 universal remote I have, I hold down each button and the LED blinks once. So it looks like it isn't on long enough for the 3100 to learn it.

I read somewhere on the forums that the AV3000 requires another piece to be purchased, perhaps the IR543 or something. Do AV3100 users also have to buy such a unit? I got a similar one from Radio Shack but it didn't help. It did, however, work to turn on *some* of my lights sometimes.

I never have any problem with my x-10 units and the IR remote I use works through walls with the smallest of problems.

Can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong?

I'd appreciate any help.

Hosting Services by ipHouse