Up level
The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Sunday April 17, 2005 at 12:37
Ron Aronson
June 2002
It looks as if Sony has done the same thing to your HT-DDW665 that it did to the HT-DDW660, which is to require the receiver to be changed to AV1 but not give any instructions in the manual for the change. Use the instructions for the HT-DDW650, which I will repeat below.

Remember, the remote cannot be changed to AV1, so you will not be able to learn anything. Since you will need to learn some commands, it will be better for you to leave the receiver in AV2, and just learn everything from the remote. You should still assign the preset code 4001 to the AMP button just to be safe, even though it probably won�t have any effect.

I would appreciate it if you would try the procedure below for changing the receiver to AV1, so I can confirm that it works, and then I will add it to my AV1/AV2 thread. Please reply here if it works or not.

1. Turn off receiver.
2. Hold down ENTER and press I/O switch to turn on receiver. COM MODE (AVX) appears in the display. Each time you repeat the procedure, the display changes from from AV1 to AV2 or from AV2 to AV1.

Hosting Services by ipHouse