The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 2 made on Monday November 23, 1998 at 17:31
chris tobey
Historic Forum Post
okay, I'll bite!

The IRIQ (and the TC1000) has a number of unique features. My favorite feature is that the remote is not organized by device, instead it is organized by user activities. What that means is that you don't have to keep switching back and forth between devices all the time. You can set up a single 'activity mode' for the things you do most, such as 'watch tv', 'watch a video', or 'listen to cd's'.

For example, my 'watch tv' activity mode controls my TV, VCR, and Receiver. The wheel controls channel +/- on my VCR, the volume buttons control the Receiver, and I've got buttons on the touchscreen for my VCR and Receiver (including shortcuts to activity modes for PIP and Surround Sound control). I've also got a button for a macro which turns on my devices, sets them up appropriately, and changes channels to my EPG channel.

Other good features are:
-Use your PC to completely customize the layout of your activity modes, create macros, and customize the home menu.

-built in IR codesets for most devices (but I did have to learn the codes for my Receiver.)

-very simple learning process. The remote prompts you for each button and advances automatically. You only need to be touching buttons on your old remote and not the IRIQ.

hope this is helpful,

chris

Hosting Services by ipHouse