The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 24 made on Monday January 23, 2023 at 11:04
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
On January 22, 2023 at 11:08, 77W said...
One of my interview questions for installers is to tell me what half of 7-1/8" is. After telling me about all the tools and his proficiency, I had a guy come back to me with some answer that included 2/5. Yes, two fifths. Thus proving he's never used a tape measure and ending the interview.

That is great. I can remember being in maybe fourth grade, and talking to an older guy across the street about something being about 1/2 of a quarter inch in size. “Oh, you mean 1/8 inch?“ Well, we all have to learn that at some point!

I used to give out a test when we would interview prospective audio repair technicians. We would ask them what the normal idling current was in the output stage of an amplifier, take up tension on a cassette deck, and so on. One question was, what is the normal tracking force for a good high-quality phonograph cartridge. If you remember owning a turntable, you would know it was around a gram and a half. One prospect  wrote his answer at about 30 ounces. Not a good prospect.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse