The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 18 made on Thursday January 12, 2023 at 11:23
BHuey1969
Long Time Member
September 2016
On January 11, 2023 at 21:16, Richie Rich said...
But, but it is powered through the one connect cable. One cable is all you need.
FUTURE!
PROGRESS!

All you have to do is route a cable that is sold in fixed lengths and get the rectangular head through a 1"+ hole and you are in business.

Oh, and they change the pinout on the cable every 2 years so when the tv dies in the future, you gotta go through this process all over again.

Did I mention the TV is so damn smart it forgets that it has inputs connected to it? And once that is fixed, it forgets what they area and "helps" by offering to set them up again.

Oh... You want to switch between off, art and on with anything other then the factory remote? Yeah, no.

Want to use the motion sensor to trigger art mode so the client sees pretty pictures when they walk into the room? Well that will work....sometimes....when it feels like it.

I am extremely close to refusing to have anything to do with Frames. I am getting PTSD from the damn things.

I know that was sarcasm, so this question is really for Samsung, who we all know doesn't really GAF about the CI channel (the reps do, but Samsung as a whole doesn't).

Anyway, if the One Connect cable is so great, how come you took it off of everything except the Frame and 8K TV's. I still don't know why it would be necessary for any of their TV's as no other manufacturer uses anything like the One Connect.

I do, however, like selling the accessories and extra labor that the One Connect makes necessary for a nice installation.

Hosting Services by ipHouse