The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 34 made on Monday March 7, 2022 at 12:27
Ernie Gilman
Yes, That Ernie!
December 2001
On March 7, 2022 at 10:45, iamrobertm said...
This thread certainly old but helpful. I tried machine screws as noted by stratigunds but was able to pull them out when tightening. The original parts are on crazy forever back order. So, I went for it. I ran a 6m x 1.0 tap through the upper two mount holes. I put in some 6m x 1.0 bolts with spacers and was able to tighten without pulling out. TV been up all weekend.

Note that your results could vary. I was prepared to drill out and install a thread insert if this trick failed. Certainly a bit of risk involved.

I just ran across this thread again and I want to offer a suggestion. When you mount a TV, keep all the screws and spacers and washers and stuff like that there. Keep saving them until you have a good twenty pounds of them, because they WILL come in handy at some point.

I carry a box of these with me to all TV mounting jobs.

How to label them? Just slap the word METRIC on the container, because ALL screws I've EVER run across with TV mounts are metric.

Will they be useful? Over the years I collected about forty pounds of these things and shipped half of them over to Saudi Arabia when I was working on a couple of home theaters over there. It turns out that there was no store in their capital city that had as good and/or as thorough a selection of metric hardware as any one of the four containers of spare TV mount bolts etc that I sent over there.
A good answer is easier with a clear question giving the make and model of everything.
"The biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." -- G. “Bernie” Shaw

Hosting Services by ipHouse