The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 13 made on Tuesday December 7, 2021 at 20:54
VFRLuke
Long Time Member
April 2009
Well I have 2 TSU9600's now, one of them I ordered a battery but the other one works.

I've ran into my first problems before I have even attempted to learn the software.

On my laptop I've installed PEP2 and it seems to have installed fine, but I can't communicate with the remote. It's a couple of years old Windows 10 with a single usb A port. I get error C14 HID Attributes with no other devices hooked up to it. I've rebooted the remote, and tried it through the docking station with the same results.

I have a VMware install of windows XP on here that I installed for my TSU7000 so I installed PEP2 on that and I also can not communicate with the remote, so I think it might be hardware.

My desktop computer I wasn't able to sucessfully install PEP2, as it's hanging on the install, but it did install enough to open and test the communication and it works fine.

I've read that usb3 ports can be problematic, any newish knowledge on some of these problems? I've searched the forums but a lot of the info looks to be pretty dated.

I'm intimidated by putting together a complete setup from scratch as it's been years since I did anything like that, but I want to get my laptop working somehow first.

Thanks in advance for any help
Luke

Hosting Services by ipHouse