The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 1 made on Thursday September 16, 2021 at 16:37
nhdougsimmons
Long Time Member
August 2004
Recent experience: Client moves back into house after water damage forced her out for 6 months !!??? Everything was packed up that could be and then moved back in once extensive repairs were completed.

Once the media room system was put back together, she asked that I swap out the cable box for the "latest one" - most recent X series hardware. The grandkids like the menus on the cable box at their house better. OK.

Installed the cable box, get the flasher on the box located and, work through the Comcast welcome menu using 3rd party remote ( IP based controller using a mix of IR and IP control depending on device). I am using a dedicated handheld and it works fine and offers some nice cable channel preview/favs features which client likes.... As soon as I finish "pairing" the included Comcast remote, the remote receiver on the cable box shuts off. Now, however the voice feature of the Comcast remote works.

I am relatively certain that some of the earlier boxes in this platform allowed both voice control features using the Comcast remote and IR based 3rd party controls to work.

Best of both worlds for this client would be voice nav capability for Comcast sourced content AND full feature set of custom controller including ability to control Comcast device.

Not my first time around the block.... most of my control programming experience is RTI and URC (various).
Anyone have a simple workaround? Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks
Doug

Hosting Services by ipHouse