The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 28 made on Tuesday September 7, 2021 at 08:46
highfigh
Loyal Member
September 2004
On September 6, 2021 at 22:06, Hi-FiGuy said...
Different question. This thread has perfect timing for me personally as I am installing a system but my question is about camera installation.
My home is a bugger to get to the eaves from the attic and the house is brick construction.
Are you guys comfortable with mounting cameras directly to the brick on the side of the house and drilling through the brick for wiring to the inside?

Depends on the type of brick- some is a bitch to drill through, some is crap that wasn't even fired to make it hard and durable (apparently, like the stuff used for my house). The first will make you lose the will to live and the latter crap is porous, fragile and will fracture when the weather turns and everything freezes in the even that water gets into the holes.

What about drilling up into the soffit and using push sticks to get to an area where you can tape cables on?

The other option is using conduit and feeding them into the house/basement- I look at exposed camera cables and call them 'video cameras' because they definitely aren't secure.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."

Hosting Services by ipHouse