The following page was printed from RemoteCentral.com:

Login:
Pass:

Original thread:
Post 185 made on Friday August 27, 2021 at 22:09
tomciara
Loyal Member
May 2002
Keep watching the studies out of Israel.  They may be nearly 80% vaccinated. Keep an eye on them.

I don’t really understand the anti-vax crowd. I personally have had countless vaccines over decades of life.  I know measles and polio are unheard of now, while when I was a kid, I knew friends who had each one.  A friend with polio limped as a result.

There is that bunch that didn’t live through that like I did and they think all vaccines are some government evil jab. They can’t be fixed or persuaded.

There is another bunch that is not anti-vax, but want more info. It is the reticence of the health community and government to supply pertinent and consistent info to the public.  Or when the info comes, it gets a contrary report from elsewhere.

Examples of contrary info:

2 weeks to flatten the curve. No, lock down till… whenever.  Lock down until we get a vaccine. No, even if vaccinated, keep masked and distanced. Maybe lock down again.

Mask up.  No, you don’t need a mask.  Wear two or three masks. Only an N95 mask is effective, cloth and paper are only 10-40% effective.

Vaccines, once rolled out, will allow us to get back to normal. Well, not so fast.  You may need a booster in six months.  Maybe another after that.

Vaccine and you are safe. No, you are not, if an unvaccinated person walks by.  Why did I get the shot if it doesn’t protect me?  Did you lie to me?

We need to reach herd immunity. Well no, we need the vaccine.  But between natural immunity and vaccinated folks, we will break free from this.  No, don’t even mention natural immunity, you are a quack.

I guess I could go on. I consider myself a reasonable person.  I honestly respect whatever conclusion you draw for yourself and your family.  We are all Americans (plus a few Canadians, Brits, and so on). But if I want to wait until real data comes in rather than changing recommendations… That’s why I am watching reports.

Peace.
There is no truth anymore. Only assertions. The internet world has no interest in truth, only vindication for preconceived assumptions.

Hosting Services by ipHouse